A multi-day epic adventure in migraine pain!

Sunday afternoon I developed a nasty headache. I was unwilling yet to call it a migraine.

Monday morning I woke up and did not feel up to getting out of bed. I stayed home from work and spent most of the day on the couch with a pillow over my eyes. I admitted it was a migraine.

Tuesday morning I woke up and thought “I can go to work. I have lots of stuff to get done this week. I really should go to work. The headache seems under control…” By Tuesday afternoon I couldn’t think straight, was mostly incapable of coherent thought, and nearly fell over on my way out of the office (dizzy spells rock!) I took a cab home and ended up back on the couch with the eye pillow.

I phoned the Midwife on Tuesday evening and she suggested I take another day off, and take some Tylenol, and all of the other usual things that might help – massage, dark rooms, and whatever else I can think of that’s pregnancy-friendly.

It is now Wednesday. Here I am at home, still trying to get some work done (when my head clears up enough to allow it) and lying on the couch with two attentive kitties and the ever-present eye pillow.

I have actually managed to get some work done. The helpful part is not having to get up and move anywhere. Standing and walking are the most pain-inducing at the moment, since they cause bloodflow to throb through my head. So glad I didn’t go to work today.

Tomorrow, hopefully, I will feel fine. It’s been many days now; I would like to resume my regular life please.

In happier, less migrainey news, Adam felt Ultra Magnus kick me the other night. That was exciting.


  • ashkitty

    April 3, 2008 at 12:51 am

    Realising that I’m about to get in the car and time is running rather short, and you are likely not still online–anything in particular the two of you like that I ought to bring up with me?

    • Jenny Lee Silver

      April 3, 2008 at 4:08 am

      Hehe… no, we’re good. 🙂 Going to the states in a week and a half anyhow. We’ll find what we need there.