1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
I hurled myself down numerous mountains on my bike without stopping.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any. Probably won’t again.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister had her baby Finn a few months ago.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I can’t think of anyone, so I hope not, because I’ve already forgotten them if they did…
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada. I got to visit 5 provinces in Canada.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Financial stability and the means to pay off the debts we incurred in 2005.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Sept. 4th – our wedding day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Starting and Finishing my novel for NaNoWriMo.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t know. Weird. usually these are the things I obsess about.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I sprained my foot mountain biking and was on crutches for a week. I fell off my mountain bike and got a huge bruise on my thigh. I fell off my mountain bike and bruised my knee (twice.) I detect a pattern here.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Kona Dawg (the new mountain bike, replacing the Wee Giant.)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My younger brother, the one everyone seems to think is a write-off. He’s doing really well these days.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My stepdad, who didn’t bother to come to my wedding, and didn’t bother to tell me why, write me a letter, or anything, but instead sent a note to my mother-in-law, who he has never met. Not even a card. Thanks dad.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding / Car / Rent
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Green Day – When September Ends
17. Compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Flinging myself down mountains on my bike.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry about Adam’s health.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I went to my mom’s where we had the usual family Christmas, much the same as when I was growing up. It was nice.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Yes… It’s hard not to fall in love with the person you’re marrying when you’re standing together at your marriage, I think.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I’ve been watching Full Metal Alchemist downloaded to the computer. Also, Babylon 5, which I should really finish watching.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
My memory fails me. The most recent book I read was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. That was good. I can barely even remember anything else I read this year.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Richard Cheese and Lounge against the Machine
28. What did you want and get?
Canon 20D digital SLR
29. What did you want and not get?
A new computer to replace the P3 450.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. My favourite book of the series. Good movie too.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old?
Adam was very, very sick the night before my birthday so we got no sleep all night. Finally slept for about three hours, then went for a drive up Mt. Seymour with Tara. Ate a steak at Earl’s Restaurant, came home and helped Tara make me an Angel Food Cake of Joy. Played some SSX Tricky and fell asleep. Turned 29.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I know this will sound weird, but being able to stay longer the night at my Karaoke Party in Toronto rather than take Adam back to the condo because he was in so much pain would have really, really, really been awesome. I miss Karaoke, and Trasie, and Miriam and Lindsay, and all that stuff and those people, and that was my only night to really spend time with them.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Mountain Equipment Co-Op inspired. (mostly due to the staff discount.)
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
You know what? I’ve now combed a bunch of ‘top stars 2005’ sites, and I can’t find anyone. Not one. Am I inhuman or something?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Calling early election crap.
37. Who did you miss?
Trasie, Emma, Miriam, Shawn, Jordy, Mom & Dad Silver, Ian, and oddly enough I’ve missed the opportunity to get to know my sisters.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Baby Finn… he was the only new person I met. The rest had all been around a while.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
I am awesome! Really, truly awesome!!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Funny How I’m always here with you
I never meant to
Change your world or change your point of view
I only want to
Hold you when I feel a little blue
I hope you know I’ll
Always be there for you