A Strange morning

First let it be noted that I am in no way a morning person.

Last night I had my truncated lukewarm shower followed by a nap on the couch for almost two hours. I then went to bed, where I lay there awake and feeling annoyed at absolutely nothing for a little while before falling asleep.

I slept hard.

Sometime between 4 and 4:30, Adam got up to go to the washroom and came back to bed. Dayle started to sing a bit, Adam yelled at him to stfu, and then we went back to sleep. Sometime between 4:30 and 5 I got up to go to the washroom, and again Dayle started to sing once I came back to bed. Again, Adam yelled at him, but then I remember him getting up and getting out of bed.

I remember nothing after that until I suddenly woke up around 6:20 to find Dayle sleeping next to me on one side and Sera sleeping next to me on the other, but no Adam. Generally he says goodbye to me before he leaves for work (which, on the early shift, is around 5:30,) but I couldn’t at all remember seeing him again after he got up that last time. I hauled myself out of bed and wandered around the house calling his name, groggily thinking maybe he fell asleep on the couch and his alarm didn’t go off. He was nowhere. I checked the alarm, and it was still on, which made no sense to me since I hadn’t heard it at all. And he hadn’t come in to say goodbye to me.

In my half-asleep morning haze of strangeness (I am really not a morning person) I panicked and thought something horrible had happened. I called his cell trying to find him, but he didn’t pick up. I sent a text message, then waited a couple of minutes and tried calling again. This time he picked up.

I must have sounded like I was asleep when I talked to him. He said that he hadn’t woken me up to say goodbye because I had rolled over onto my stomach and was sleeping so heavily he didn’t think he could wake me up. Or he didn’t want to because I was sleeping so heavily, I can’t quite remember what he said.

The panic has finally left me. Time to get ready for work now.