Meme: Do this yourself! Go to Google and type in “you know you’re from [insert state/town name] when…”
Copy the best list that comes up and bold any items that appply to you.
You know you’re from Ontario when……..
1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway. (stupid tractor… always takes up both lanes.)
2. “Vacation” means going to Barrie (been there, done that.)
3. You measure distance in hours. Is there any other way?
4. You know several people who have hit deer more than once. (and/or m00se)
5. You often switch from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day. (like…. say… today?)
6. You use a down comforter in the summer.
7. Your grandparents drive at 65 mph through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
8. You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events.
9. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both doors unlocked.(If I had a garage and didn’t live in an apartment, then yes, I would… and have…)
10. You think of major food groups as deer meat, fish and berries.
11. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them. (I AM the girlfriend, and I know how to use them.)
12. There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot of Canadian Tire at any given time.(Mmmmm Crappy Tire…)
13. You design your kid’s Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. (I had a halloween costume that fit over my snowsuit.)
14. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
15. You think lingerie is tube socks and flannel pajamas.
16. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, construction.
17. It takes you 3 hours to go to the store for one item even when you are in a rush because you have to stop and talk to everyone in town.(It still happens in Toronto sometimes, even, and this place has a few million people in it…)
18. You actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your friends from Ontario living in New York.
Is it bad that I bolded most of those? Not sure if I want to look at a Toronto one…